What do you think of when I say banking? Money! They come in many shapes and forms, but make you automatically think of expensive suits and Wall Street! Click below to find out more about your potential future as a banker.
Average Salary for a Banker: $6,069 /Month
Average Salary Overall: $3,248 /Month
Average Working Hours (Weekly) for a Banker: 70-100
Average Working Hours (Weekly) Overall: 48
Important School Subjects:
- Computing & Data Skills
- A good multi-tasker?
- Someone that pays attention to every little detail?
- A strong speaker and writer?
What you need to do:
- Graduate from high school
- Go to college/uni for 4 years, get a degree (Bachelors) in Business, Finance or similar
- Get an internship, quickly gain work experience after graduating from college
- Get licensed as a banker, take an exam
- (Optional) Go to graduate school and obtain an MBA (business and administration degree)
J.P. Morgan. He’s at the namesake of an enormous bank, so this is to be expected. This bank has interesting origins in history; him and his father brought the system of finance you and I know today to the US from England. Banking was a very familial business. When J.P Morgan came to the US, Wall Street was one of many financial centers of the country, but he left it a collection of huge businesses and the undisputed financial capital of the US. Learn more about J.P Morgan here.
David Rockefeller was at the head of the famous Rockefeller family. He was an American banker and philanthropist who served as chairman and chief executive of Chase Manhattan Corporation. He was worth an estimated $3.3 Billion (capital B). Learn more about this financial and business beast here.
Don’t know who this is? Not surprised, neither did I. Seen the movie ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’?. This is Jordan Belfort, the real life ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ that you and I know. His famous quotes include ‘There’s not nobility in poverty’ and ‘Give yourself no choice but to succeed’. Learn more about him here.
Recommended for you: