A highly underrated job, data analyst’s are a crucial part of any business. They help come up with solutions to improve a business by translating statistics to logistics, sales figures, etc.
Average Salary for an Analyst: $6,824 /Month
Average Salary Overall: $6,885 /Month
Average Working Hours (Weekly) for an Analyst: 30-40
Average Working Hours (Weekly): 37
Important School Subjects:
- Computer Science
- Able to communicate effectively?
- A curious thinker?
What you need to do:
- Graduate from high school
- Graduate from college, obtain a degree (Bachelors) in IT or Statistics
- Take an entry level position as an Actuarial Technician or Statistical Assistant
- (Optional) Go to graduate school to get a Master’s degree in Information Analysis, Management Information Systems, or Statistics
- Continue work in your field
Andrew Ng is a Chinese American scientist. He is an adjunct professor at Stanford University. Ng is also the co-founder and chairman of Coursera, an online education platform. He is living, breathing, proof that data analysis is a wide field with no limits.