Whether it’s Beethoven or Bieber, House Music or Folksongs, you’ll find out if you want to be a musician here. Careers in Music might not be what you think; click below to find out about your future as a Musician.
Average Salary for a Musician: $4,013 /Month
Average Salary Overall: $3,248 /Month
Average Working Hours (Weekly) for a Musician: 30 – 80
Average Working Hours (Weekly) Overall: 48
Important School Subjects:
- Good at promoting things & persuading people (your music or band)
What you need to do:
- (Optional) Graduate High School
- (Optional) Go to College/Uni for 4 years and study music, get a Bachelors degree in Music
- Start a band, play in an orchestra, be a soloist and make some quality music
- Constantly seek to promote your work as you create new work
- Since (initially) music is not a reliable source of $$, many musicians tend to take up another job in the beginning.
This man is one of the first you hear of when you ask about great musicians. He’s famous for his musical works and orchestral pieces, many of which he composed when the was DEAF. He saw music as a beautiful art, and amongst some famous other like Mozart, will forever be seen as a maestro of the field. Learn more about Ludwig Van Beethoven here.
The man behind iconic songs like ‘Thriller’ and ‘Beat it’. He was long known as ‘the King of Pop’. He is also a musical legend in popular music, because he revolutionized the concept behind music videos, and pioneered famous dance moves like the moonwalk. Learn more about Michael Jackson here.
Lil Uzi Vert is nowhere near as iconic or important to music as the previous two musical legends, but he is important as a famous musician because he’s symbolic of new music; many teens enjoy his music, and it shows how people’s interests are different. Many people enjoy rap music, trap music and rising stars like Lil Uzi epitomize these genres. Learn more about him here.
Recommended for you: