Careers in music offer a stunning array of opportunities that most students aren’t aware of; successful careers in music demand much more than just being a good musician.
Average Salary for a Musician: $4,013 /Month
Average Salary Overall: $3,248 /Month
Average Working Hours (Weekly) for a Musician: 30 – 80
Average Working Hours (Weekly) Overall: 48
Important School Subjects:
- Good at promoting things & persuading people (your music or band)
What you need to do:
- (Optional) Graduate High School
- (Optional) Go to College/Uni for 4 years and study music, get a Bachelors degree in Music
- Start a band, play in an orchestra, be a soloist and make some quality music
- Constantly seek to promote your work as you create new work
- Since (initially) music is not a reliable source of earning money, many musicians tend to take up another job in the beginning.
Recommended for you: