Pilots get to travel the work and fly miles above the rest of us. A job with rich experiences, the life of a pilot is an interesting one. Click below to find out about your potential future as a pilot.
Average Salary for a Pilot: $9,529 /Month
Average Salary Overall: $3,248 /Month
Average Working Hours (Weekly) for a Pilot: 20++ (20 flying hours, more time spent prepping for flights)
Average Working Hours (Weekly): 48
Important School Subjects:
- Okay working inconsistent hours?
- Okay losing out on sleep?
- Someone who loves to travel?
What you need to do:
- Graduate from high school
- Go to college/uni for 4 years, study aeronautics, aviation, physics or the like (Bachelors degree)
- Gain flight experience, spend time in the air as a pilot-in-training, take flight school classes
- Get FAA licensed and certified by passing an exam (just like your driving license exam?)
- Gain experience as a co-pilot or helicopter pilot as you learn and mature more as a pilot, before becoming a pilot at a major airline
Recommended for you: