A teacher breeds the minds of the next generation: all the successful people you know of had a mentor. Teaching has a lot of benefits, click below to find out about your potential future as a teacher.
Average Salary for a School Teacher: $2,504 /Month
Average Salary Overall: $3,248 /Month
Average Working Hours (Weekly) for a School Teacher: 60
Average Working Hours (Weekly): 48
Important School Subjects:
- Subject you
- Intend to
- Someone who enjoys tutoring others?
- Someone who likes to see others make progress?
What you need to do:
- Graduate from high school
- Go to college/uni for 4 years, get a degree in the subject you’d like to teach (Bachelors)
- (Optional) Go to graduate school to get a higher degree, perhaps a Masters or PhD in the subject you’re interested in
- Find a school where you feel you fit in and are valued, and begin your job teaching children and teens
Lyndon B Johnson was the 36th president of the US. However, not many people know that he was a high school teacher before he went into politics. That meant that some high school students in Texas were taught by a US president, and pulled the same shenanigans on LBJ we pull on our teachers. To learn more about this inspiring teacher and president, click here.
‘Insert philosophical quote here’. Confucius was an old Chinese philosopher and teacher. He would preach his ideas, and many of them permeate to present day. I’m not sure anyone has any records of him teaching class or preaching is philosophical schools of thought, but I bet they were riveting – look at the guy. To learn more about this legendary philosopher and teacher, click here.
Mr. Schue! This high school singing teacher is one I’m sure almost all of you know. I can certainly remember my days in Year 6 when glee was THE show to watch. Mr. Schuester is a classic example of a caring, passionate teacher that loves to inspire and lead teens into their futures. That’s what teaching is all about – bringing out the best in your students like he does in Rachel Berry. Click here to learn about this awesome teacher.
Recommended for you: